Dixon Hughes Goodman Wealth Advisors LLC (DHGWA) respects your right keep your financial information private. This Privacy Statement sets forth our commitment to you to safeguard any nonpublic information we obtain about you.
WHAT NONPUBLIC INFORMATION DO WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
We obtain nonpublic information about you in multiple ways. For example, we obtain nonpublic identifying and financial information from you or your agents when you open an account and transfer assets. This may include information such as your source of income, social security number, bank account information, family status, and your employment status. We also obtain nonpublic information from your custodian when transactions are effected in your account. In addition, you may provide information or statements that we use for financial planning, which may include but not be limited to nonpublic net worth, tax, trust and other estate planning information, banking, insurance, and other similar information.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THIS NONPUBLIC INFORMATION?
We do not share nonpublic information about you to third parties, except as follows:
- You have authorized us to disclose information to persons designated by you, such as accountants, lawyers, or family members.
- It is necessary to disclose such information to outside vendors and others in order to provide Services to you. For example, we disclose information to your custodian when effecting transactions on your behalf. We also may input your information in third-party software to review your account performance or prepare a financial plan for you.
- The information technology group of our parent company has access to our client information. They may access client information in order to set up or administer our computer systems and recordkeeping.
- We provide information about our clients on an as needed basis to our attorneys, insurance providers, law enforcement, regulators or otherwise as required by law.
- When you register for certain educational seminars hosted by DHGWA and our parent company, DHG, you may be asked to provide nonpublic personal information about yourself. That information may be used by DHGWA or DHG to contact you or send you further information, including materials that may be considered marketing materials. Your information will not, however, be shared with third parties. You may opt out of such communications from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or selecting to “opt out” from the registration page.
We never sell information about you to third parties.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To improve user experiences by making our website easier to use and navigate
- To send you marketing communications
- For other legitimate business purposes
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR NONPUBLIC INFORMATION?
We have adopted policies and procedures designed to protect your nonpublic information. Electronic information is stored on computer programs accessible only to DHGWA staff, and is not shared with any other person, organization, or company – with the exception of the information technology group of our parent company who may access client information in order to set up or administer our computer systems and recordkeeping. All employees and owners of DHGWA are required to review and follow our policies on the confidentiality of all client information. We also require regular training on our information security policies and those of DHGWA. We also regularly review the information security policies of our service providers to ensure that client confidentiality is adequately protected.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in email communications, selecting to “opt out” on the registration page of educational events or seminars jointly hosted by DHGWA and DHG, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Additionally, we may send you information regarding our Services, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
Our website contains links to other sites. DHGWA is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
We offer clients the ability to access their accounts electronically through an online portal hosted by Black Diamond. The online portal may collect information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, physical address, other financial and contact information, photos or videos, User ID, product interaction and crash data. The data collected may be used to link to the user’s identity, for app functionality, analytics, and tracking purposes.
We implement reasonable security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, DHGWA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Statement. When we do, we will also revise the “Effective Date” of this Statement. If we make material changes to the Statement, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on our website and/or by sending you an email at the email address we have on file for you. If we do not have an email address for you, we will mail a copy. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to keep up to date on how we are handling your personal information.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, because your privacy, our professional ethics, and the ability to provide you with quality financial services are very important to us.
DHG is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP.
DHG Wealth Advisors LLC is an independent, fee-only registered investment advisory firm wholly owned subsidiary of Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP.