Dixon Hughes Goodman Wealth Advisors LLC (DHGWA) respects your right keep your financial information private. This Privacy Statement sets forth our commitment to you to safeguard any nonpublic information we obtain about you.
WHAT NONPUBLIC INFORMATION DO WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
We obtain nonpublic information about you in multiple ways. For example, we obtain nonpublic identifying and financial information from you or your agents when you open an account and transfer assets. This may include information such as your source of income, social security number, bank account information, family status, and your employment status. We also obtain nonpublic information from your custodian when transactions are effected in your account. In addition, you may provide information or statements that we use for financial planning, which may include but not be limited to nonpublic net worth, tax, trust and other estate planning information, banking, insurance and other similar information.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THIS NONPUBLIC INFORMATION?
We do not share nonpublic information about you to third parties, except as follows:
- You have authorized us to disclose information to persons designated by you, such as accountants, lawyers or family members.
- It is necessary to disclose such information to outside vendors and others in order to provide services to you. For example, we disclose information to your custodian when effecting transactions on your behalf. We also may input your information in third party software to review your account performance or prepare a financial plan for you.
- The information technology group of our parent company has access to our client information. They may access client information in order to set up or administer our computer systems and recordkeeping.
- We offer clients the ability to access their accounts electronically through an online portal hosted by Black Diamond. The online portal may collect information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, physical address, other financial and contact information, photos or videos, User ID, product interaction and crash data. The data collected may be used to link to the user’s identity, for app functionality, analytics and tracking purposes.
- We provide information about our clients on an as needed basis to our attorneys, insurance providers, law enforcement, regulators or otherwise as required by law.
We never sell information about you to third parties.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR NONPUBLIC INFORMATION?
We have adopted policies and procedures designed to protect your nonpublic information. Electronic information is stored on computer programs accessible only to DHGWA staff, and is not shared with any other person, organization or company. All employees and owners of DHGWA are required to review and follow our policies on the confidentiality of all client information. We also require regular training on our information security policies and those of DHGWA. We also regularly review the information security policies of our service providers to ensure that client confidentiality is adequately protected.
DHG is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP.
DHG Wealth Advisors LLC is an independent, fee-only registered investment advisory firm wholly owned subsidiary of Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP.